Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My First Spark Experience


My First Spark Experience

My name Jeremy and I go once week with Jarvis and meet up with Jake to work on designs and the latest gadgets being used. I love coming to meet up with my apprentice teacher because it's a great way to meet new friends and bond with them. Every week, Jake would always teach us a new phrase of words or a saying that we shouldn't forget (there were so many) including:
  1. Do something GREAT with your life!!!
  2. Growth=Happiness
  3. The greatest thing you could do with your life is to be a designer.
  4. Design is thinking made visual.
  5. Science is the pursuit of the truth.

If I am ever about smoke or do drugs or do something illegal, I will always think to myself, "I am declining, which is the exact opposite of growth." Growth is like taking a step foward, while declining is taking ten steps back. By declining, people are not doing something GREAT with their life and they are wasting it.

Jake taught me that everyone is a designer. We design things everyday. For example, taking a math test, playing a game, or even making coffee because we are making something that was an idea from our head.

Jake also taught us that we are all scientists because we all pursue the truth. To be a good scientist is important because it can protect yourself from lies that can harm you.

Growth equals happiness also applies to Spark. If Spark can grow, more and more people can experience this amazing program.

The experience will allow students to grow and to DO SOMETHING GREAT WITH THEIR (including mine of course) LIFE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment